...and her trials of dealing with a working mom







Friday, December 16, 2011

Maybe 1 of 2

We got back home today.  I think Ainsley was the happiest of all of us about this.  This is the first night in a week that she's slept for a stretch longer than 3 hours.  She's back in her bouncy chair, and extremely content.
This week had demonstrated to me how absolutely difficult it will be to move her out of her bouncy chair and into the crib.  We were gone a week, and every night only got minutely better.  It's going to be a long journey.  If you notice, we have moved to one arm out of her swaddle.  Baby steps....

I'm really hoping to get a lot of stuff done this weekend, but I don't think that's going to happen.  I need to get all my pictures transferred off my phone and onto my computer, upload pics to facebook, read the directions to my camera, apply for some jobs, and I'm hoping to write a little about cloth diapers.  We just got back today from Denver and will out and about again tomorrow for a Christmas party.  I'm petered out man.  I'm not really looking forward to it at this point.

I will write one little thing about cloth diapering... I love getting fluff in the mail.  I order all my stuff offline.  I have found recently, that etsy is a REALLY good source.  I came home to find some wool longies in my mailbox from Grateful Buns.  They come lanolized smelling like lavender.  My whole mailbox smelled like lavender.  I'm sure my postman appreciated it.  Wool covers are the only thing I will use over fitteds.  I mainly use pockets, but for overnight, wool has become my go to.  Ainsley is wearing her new PJ pants tonight...


I love the buttons.  It makes me want to buy some more fitted diapers so she can wear these longies during the day as an outfit.  I know at night, she is at least warm wearing these pants.

Another thing I can home to was a follow up call on a job.  I'm excited and reluctant at the same time.  I'm ready to start getting a paycheck again =), but I'm not ready to leave Miss A with a sitter.  The best care she can receive is being at home with me.  And I'm afraid that this position won't pay all that well, but the spousal unit is going to push me to take it.  I kinda want to at least stay home with her until my unemployment runs out in April, but I guess we can't always get what we want.

Oh, and I also weighed myself as soon as I got home.  I gained 5 lbs.  Just fucking great....




No comments:

Post a Comment