...and her trials of dealing with a working mom







Monday, December 19, 2011

Gloomy, shitty day

We got the most rain in Austin today that we've gotten... maybe for a year or two.  I mean... there were a few minutes there that it really poured.  Everyone else in the US might laugh at that, but it was really something for anyone living here.  We have been in an awful drought for a while now.  But even the downpour didn't stop me from checking my mailbox for fluff I had ordered.  And sure enough... it was there.  I bought a fitted diaper to try under the wool longies I'm in love with, and some diaper solution cubes.
I absolutely love their All in One diaper, so I decided to give tot bots fitted a try.  I'm a little worried they'll stay really wet all night long though, so I might have to add a fleece liner to them, but we will see.  The diaper solution I ordered was in Monkey farts scent (I kid you not).  I'm not really sure what I expected.  The name enticed me though, so I had to buy some.  And yeah... it kinda smells like a floral fart.  I'll still use it, but probably won't buy it again.

So during my morning coffee, I got a call about a job interview I went on a few weeks ago.  I got the job.  It's kind of a double edged sword.  I'm not one to put all my eggs in one basket, so it's kind of important to me to have a job and be able to support myself.  But having to leave Ainsley with a sitter makes me a little sick inside.  And it hurts a little that it's 15k less than I was making at my last job, and I have to pay for my insurance now, and I get a week less in paid time off...  but it's a job, right?  *sigh*

On a lighter note, I made fragrant Christmas ornaments today from an old newspaper article my mom had.
It was super easy.

It's just...

1 cup of Cinnamon
3/4 cup apple sauce. 

Make into dough, roll out about 1/4 inch thickness, use cookie cutters, and cut out shapes.  Don't forget to make a hole to hang them.  Let them dry on a cooling rack for several days, turning occasionally. And BAM!  You have ornaments.

I think I may have rolled the dough a little too thin, but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment