...and her trials of dealing with a working mom







Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Man vs Baby

It's going to take me forever to write this, so it's going to be short and sweet tonight, I think.  Yup, it's 3 am.  I was so tired from staying up super late last night looking up cupcake recipes, that I passed out while nursing her around 9:30 pm.  The spousal unit woke me up about 10 and took her and I went to bed.  Apparently I'm so use to only getting about 4 hours of sleep every night, that I was back up at 1:30 am.  And that's about the time she woke up....

I nursed her, and now she won't completely go back to sleep.  Luckily, I'm pretty awake too from my 4 hours of sleep earlier, so I decided to battle the sleeping position tonight.  And oh.... it's been a battle so far.  I pick her up, and she goes right to sleep.  I put her on her back in the pack n' play, and she starts squirming and fighting her swaddle.  This is actually the longest she's gone.. about 3 minutes.  I really don't know what to do.  Should I just let her squirm and possibly even cry herself to sleep?  I know she's tired....  she sleeps when I pick her up.  Ugh, It's going to be a long morning.

Yesterday was pretty uneventful.  Just cleaned the house after this weekend's beer and cookies episode.  I think today's plans are going to consist of Starbucks (of course) and finally getting A's birth certificate.  We are going snowboarding this winter (well, not me now, since I lack the all important health insurance) and we have to have it in order for her to fly.  So that should be entertaining.  State agencies are usually just a load of fucking fun.  I need to dig out the few Halloween decorations I have and put those up.  I also need to get her costume lined up.  I think she's going to be a lobster.

I mean, seriously... how cute is that.  And this poor kids picture is ALL OVER the internet by the way.  I can only hope I can embarrass my kid as well as these parents have.

Ugh... she's up again...  wait... she put herself back to sleep I think.  Oh thank goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment