...and her trials of dealing with a working mom







Sunday, October 16, 2011

Beer and Cookies

We had a really good weekend.  Not really productive, but none the less...

We pulled the tv out onto the back porch and watched Texas get beat by OSU (Go Pokes!)  It was a little white trash, but it was fun.  The afternoon got a little warm, so I pulled Ainsley's onesie off and she pimped her OSU diaper.
               Miss A does like watching her football (that's roadcone orange btw, no burnt orange bulshit....)

Luckily I had pumped enough on friday and the previous week, because she had to get a couple of bottles Saturday.  Mommy got Samuel Adam's Cream Stout....  it was delicous! 

I'm really lucky in the fact that my spousal unit is super support of all my parenting choices, even when I can tell he's not too thrilled.  I would have breastfeed no matter what, but it does help that he helps me out whenever he can.  Holds her while I get situated, never suggested formula when I was first beginning and getting frustrated...  it was great.  He even tolerates my cloth diapering habit I've acquired.  He doesn't know that I ordered a couple more last week though.... ssshhhhh.  And I haven't exactly got her sleeping in her crib yet.  She's basically permanently sleeping in her bouncy chair.  I put her flat in her pack n play in our room, and she only sleeps an hour, and is up again.  Even tonight, she's been a little fidgetty even in her bouncy chair.  That's partly my fault.  I think I let her sleep too long for her afternoon nap.  I really need to work on her sleeping in her pack n play.  I'm not ready for her to be in a separate room though....


                                              Ainsley sleeping while I write this on the couch....

One thing I didn't get accomplished this weekend is saving all my pictures on my phone of Ainsley.  I seriously have like 250.  That's what I do all day....  no working and lurking for me!  Just funning and sunning with her.... and taking a lot of pictures while doing it.  If anyone knows how to load my pictures from my iphone 4 to my computer I'd really appreciate it, because at this point, I'm just going to start emailing them to myself.

Along with all the beer this weekend, I may have decided that cookies were an excellent idea.  I made a recipe I'd been meaning to try.  I don't know if it was the beer I had, or if the recipe wasn't that great.  But the cookies only came out mediocre.  I won't even bother posting the recipe

                                                            Just flat a chewy.  ehhhhhh

Now my plans for the week include finding a recipe for cupcakes.  We are hosting a shower with a group of people and our job is to bring the dessert.  I was going to buy a couple dozen of Hey Cupcake (Hey strawberry nom nom nom), but at $33 a dozen, and I ain't got no job....   We are going to make our own.  Hopefully I can find some bootleg recipes or something off the net tomorrow. 

Speaking of jobs...  I still haven't gotten a nibble.  It's really frustrating.  I had a job and a job offer this time last year.  Now I don't have shit.  I keep telling myself that I'm okay with being laid off, but I keep having dreams of punching my former bosses in the face.  At least I wake up with a smile now...   So if I can't get another job here in a few months, I'm going to need to figure out how to bring in ~$2000.  I like being creative, and I can produce some pretty decent art.  I'm thinking of maybe trying to sell some of it on etsy.  I wish my sewing skills were better, because I could think of several things to sew and sell on etsy.  Hopefully it won't have to come to that....

No comments:

Post a Comment