...and her trials of dealing with a working mom







Sunday, November 6, 2011

Quiet weekend

So my spousal unit went out "hunting" this weekend, so Ainsley and I were left to our own vices.  I say "hunting", because I've never seen him bring anything home, and he goes "hunting" several times a year.  I get pictures of deer....  I think it's just an excuse to get out of town and drink.  Whateva....  I like the house to myself occasionally, honestly.

His family does a big dinner while they are out hunting.  So, because I wasn't going, I decided to send along muffins instead.  I figured they could eat them for breakfast or a snack... or when they're drunk.  ha ha.  So I made Nutella cheesecake pumpkin muffins.  He did come back with a couple, which I'm secretly happy about, so I can eat them.  The were pretty damn delicious...

Nutella Cheesecake Pumpkin Muffins via Tasty Kitchen

Ingredients

  • FOR THE PUMPKIN MUFFINS:
  • 4 whole Large Eggs
  • 1-½ cup Sugar
  • 1 can (15 Oz. Size) Pumpkin Puree
  • 1-½ cup Vegetable Oil
  • 3 cups All-purpose Flour
  • 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • FOR THE NUTELLA CHEECAKE FILLING:
  • 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, softened
  • ½ cups Nutella
  • 1 whole Large Egg

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, beat eggs slightly. Add in sugar, pumpkin and oil and beat thoroughly. Add in remaining dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese, Nutella and egg until smooth.
Place paper liners in a muffin tin. Place about 2 tablespoons of pumpkin batter into each liner, then 1 tablespoon of Nutella batter, then top with 2 more tablespoons of pumpkin batter. Bake for 18-22 minutes.
These are best served completely cooled. Makes 20 muffins.


So yeah... we basically stayed in our pj's all weekend.  I did clean and watch football.  On Thursday, we bought Ainsley an exersaucer off of craigslist.  So while she napped Saturday morning, I got it all disinfected and cleaned up.  She's still a little too young for it yet.  She'll sit in it a couple of minutes before getting overwhelmed, but while she's enjoying it... it's so cute.


We were so lazy that we didn't even go out for dogfood on Friday like we were suppose to.  So the dogs had a terrific weekend.  They got green beans, bread, and cream of chicken soup.  Sounds like a pretty balanced meal to me...  They have a super hard life, as you can see.
So, that pretty much sums up how busy we were.   I have symphony rehearsal tomorrow night, so I'll be busy pretty much all day.  Just going to throw some stuff in the crockpot and call it good.  I do love this time of year.  It's starting to cool off enough in Texas to actually be able to cook on a regular basis.


No comments:

Post a Comment