...and her trials of dealing with a working mom







Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Damn I'm good...

This morning started off pretty shitty.  The only job I have interviewed for so far got re posted with a temp agency last night for $22,000 less than I was making at my old job, and I wasn't making THAT much at my last job...  So I was bummed.  As soon as I opened my mouth to complain about it to the spousal unit, I got an email wanting me to call about another job I REALLY wanted.  I had put my salary requirements in the range of my last job, up to a little more.  I was ecstatic. So I called while the baby was asleep.  As soon as she asked what my PCR experience was, I knew it was game over.  When I said I didn't have much, she got off the phone fairly quickly.  My last job did me a great disservice by not providing any professional growth.  As soon as we got lab work and PCR work in, they didn't train their existing staff.  We got laid off and they hired new.  Thanks Signature Science!  I'm afraid this is a sign of things to come.

So on to better news...  I finally gutted my pumpkin and roasted pumpkin seeds. I may be a day late and dollar short, but I got it done.  They were awesome.  Here's how I do it....

Roasted pumpkin seeds
Seeds from 1 pumpkin
olive oil
Whatever season you'd like

Clean your seeds really well.  I got all the fibers off the seeds, then rinsed them in a colander.  Bring a pot of water to a boil, add seeds.  Slow boil for 10 minutes.  Strain seeds and pat dry on paper towels.  Place in bowl with approximately 1 tablespoon of olive oil.  Mix to cover seeds.  Spread on baking sheet and season.  I used Chris' steak seasoning on one half and 1/2 teaspoon each of cumin, garlic salt, and coriander on the other half.

I ate some of them right out of the oven.  And I thought to myself.... that is some damn good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment